Dried Morel Mushrooms from Earthy Delights are prized like no other mushroom. Rich, smoky, earthy and fragrant; dried morels are fabulous in sauces with meat, poultry or pasta. Also excellent in risottos, omelettes, quiche, stews and stir frys.
There are people in the Midwest who plan their vacations around the morel mushroom harvest. These treasures from the forest are prized like no other mushroom. The secret of where to find them is guarded more closely than grandpa's favorite fishing spot!
While fresh morel mushroomss have no equal, they're available for all too short a time. Dried morels, on the other hand, are always in season! And, while they may seem expensive, they're actually quite a bargain. Like other dried mushrooms, dried morel mushrooms rehydrate to 6 or 8 times their dry weight. What's more, they don't require refrigeration.
Consistent in quality, always ready when you are, Earthy Delights Dried Morel Mushrooms are handy to have around!
Product of North America
Reconstituting Dried Mushrooms
There's no great mystery to using dried mushrooms. In fact, reconstituting dried mushrooms is a very simple process.
As a rule of thumb, dried mushrooms will reconstitute to 6 - 8 times their dry weight.
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Place your mushrooms in a bowl large enough to accommodate all of them. Remember, dried mushrooms will reconstitute to 6 - 8 times their dry weight.
2. Cover them with warm water, wine or stock.
3. Let them sit in the liquid for 15 - 20 minutes. Gradually, they will absorb the moisture and "plump out."
4. Drain the mushrooms in a colander; be sure to reserve the flavorful soaking liquid for use in stocks, soups or sauces. Strain or carefully "decant" the mushroom liquid to avoid any remaining sediment or grit.
5. Chop or slice your mushrooms and use in your favorite recipe!
Find delicious recipes, visit the Earthy Delights Blog!